School-based apprentices and Trainees and Off-Campus Programs
Welcome to the 2017 school year. Although the holidays now seem like a distant memory, i hope you had time to relax with your family and enjoyed not having to pack lunches and pray there was a clean uniform for your child to put on!!
We are now back into the full swing of things here at School, with our Off-Campus programs now having kicked off for the year. A large number of students are undertaking a range of qualifications this year across a number of local campuses. Below is a complete list of start dates. Please ensure you check when your student starts their program (some already have), and where they need to be.
START DATES FOR OFF-CAMPUS PROGRAMS 2017
TAFE East Coast
· Automotive (Group 1) – Tuesday 31/01/2017
· Automotive (Group 2) – Thursday 02/02/2017
· Engineering - Thursday 02/02/2017
· Hairdressing / Salon Assistant - Thursday 02/02/2017
· Retail Cosmetics - Friday 03/02/2017
· Early Childhood Education and Care - Thursday 09/02/2017
· Health Support - Thursday 09/02/2017
· Sport and Recreation - Thursday 09/02/2017
CAREERS AUSTRALIA (@ GYMPIE TRADE TRAINING CENTRE)
· Electro-technology – Thursday 02/02/2017
GENR8 and ALLEVE8 (@ GYMPIE COMMUNITY CENTRE)
· Transport and Logistics - Thursday 16/02/2017(places still available)
· Health Support - Thursday 16/02/2017
· Hospitality / Tourism – Thursday 26/02/2017 (places still available)
· Outdoor Power Equipment – Thursday 26/02/2017 (places still available)
If you have any questions is regards to your child starting their Off-campus Program please contact me on 5489 8364 or email email@example.com
Our School-based Apprentices and Trainees (SAT) continued to work over the holidays, with some even managing to complete their qualifications. Students were busy seeking employers over the holidays, keen to commence the New Year as a SAT.
School-based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SATS) provide students with a mix of academic, vocational education and training and paid employment. Undertaking an Apprenticeship or Traineeship while at School, provides students in Years 10, 11 and 12 with valuable (paid) employment skills and hands on industry experience and on completion of the course a Nationally Recognised Qualification.
I recently sent a letter to parents of current SATS outlining Student Responsibilities as part of their SAT and combining School and work, etc. Could you please ensure you and your child sign the Acknowledgement form and return it to me asap?
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to learn more about the SATS program at Gympie High or you have any questions.