Vocational Education and Training (VET) refers to education and training that focuses on the job related practical skills and underpinning knowledge required for specific industries. In essence, it is the practical work related skills students need to get a job. VET is a learning option for students in the senior phase of learning (Years 10 – 12). Whether students are looking to move straight into the workforce, or to take an initial step in their tertiary education, an Australian VET qualification can take them where they want to go.
Participating in VET can:
- Provide credit points towards the attainment of a Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) and/or the attainment of a nationally recognised VET qualification
- Support young people’s transitions to employment, vocational and higher education pathways.
VET is based on a partnership between the school and local industry and we have a strong connection with businesses in the local community. The school vocational education program offers a range of services including:
- Qualifications (learn more about the choices below)
- Assistance to develop a resume and interview portfolio
- Assistance with job applications
- Career advice and information
- School-based apprenticeships and traineeships
- Links to off-campus programs
- Work experience
Year 10 Prospectus and
Year 11-12 Prospectus provide an overview of all VET offerings at Gympie State High School.
The following qualifications are provided by Gympie State High School:
Gympie State High School also has third party agreements in place for the following qualifications/units of competency:
- AHC21216 – Certificate II in Rural Operations
- AVI30419 - Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot)
- HLTAID003 – First Aid
- SIS30321 – Certificate III in Fitness
Our VET teaching staff are not just industry-aware, but have actual experience in their fields of expertise – maintaining the currency of their knowledge, and modifying their courses to reflect changing industry focus and needs. That means students learn not only the theory, but also the reality of the subjects they’re studying.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Prior to enrolment in a VET course, students are required to provide their Unique Student Identifier (USI). A USI is a reference identifier made up of 10 numbers and letters. The school will not issue a certificate, record of results or Statement of Attainment to a student without having a verified USI for that individual. A student may access their training records and results (transcript) using their online USI account. For more information, see the
Reissuing of Certificates and Statements of Attainment
Gympie State High School provides replacement copies of issued VET certificates and statements of attainment.
To protect people's privacy, copies can only be provided to the person named on the certificate. Fees are $7.50 for each copy.
For more information-Issuance and Replacement Policy and Procedure (PDF,52KB)
Gympie State High School RTO Number: 30067